Thursday, December 22, 2011

Burst someone else's bubble for a change

Its pretty obvious I try to expose all the different types of wines out there. After all this time in the business, I see the disconnect between food and wine pairing often. I also can't stand when people just order for the sake of ordering something trendy or its all they know. Open your mind up a little and expand. Its fun, trust me! The worst thing to ever be is predictable...

You may see some of these terms on sparkling wine labels:

Blanc de blancs: (white from white) means the sparkling was only made from the Chardonnay grape

Blanc de Noirs: (white from from red) means its made entirely from the Pinot Noir grape

There is also Pinot Meunier (red), the third grape used in Champagne production but rarely recognized. Its started to gain some fame lately and I can't wait to see what they can do with it.

Try these other bubbles out there...(Napa Valley Register)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throwback to when I was on the cover of Beverage Media Magazine

Everything about this was fun! It was a highlight of my career in this business!