Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Wine and the City: Hip-hop help sees Moscato sales soar in US

Moscato is the new White Zinfandel?

Wine and the City: Hip-hop help sees Moscato sales soar in US: Sales of Moscato are soaring in the US as hip-hop artists continue to name-check the low alcohol sweet wine in their songs. 


I have noticed recommending "sweeter" wines to my neophytes helps open their minds up, instead having to pound it in their heads why they "should" like wine. Its always better to go with what you like and eventually the palette evolves with more exposure to different types of "sweet" wines. Maybe something like changing the origin or a completely different vintage of the same wine can help broaden things. Moscato is usually what we gave out to our VIP guests at Felidia. It was always a nice gesture and everyone always seemed to enjoy it. 

If you do like "sweet" wines then a "Spatlese" Reisling or any higher degree of ripeness in this German white wine may be something you like. Alsacian Gewurztraminer is the first wine I ever fell in love with when I was first learning wine. To me it was like drinking liquid gold & honey. I was hooked ever since!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throwback to when I was on the cover of Beverage Media Magazine

Everything about this was fun! It was a highlight of my career in this business!