Monday, November 21, 2011

Randoms

Watch Alton Brown sabre a bottle (Eater)
Want to be the cool person at the party? Bring a machete.

Wines for Thanksgiving (NY Times)
Want to keep quoting the NY Times Dining & Wine section thru dinner?

Should you really drink cheap wine? (Talk-a-Vino)
Don't bother reading this if you only drink wine to get drunk. If you answered yes to this, please email me so we can be friends.

Are you for Champagne disgorgement dates? (Dr. Vino)
The ULTIMATE snobbery when it comes to this conversation. I can see it now "I only drink Billecart with a two year post-disgorgement or more...I would scowl at you but my Botox stops me from moving my face too much...I eat caviar because my rich friends do....I tell my husband I lost my luggage so I can buy a new wardrobe when we land in Paris....I am so important"

Chef Thomas Keller (CBS News)
CBS reporter plays with his eggs, shuts her eyes and moans when he serves her, and he laughs in her face when she says she is scared of him. My kind of guy...

Beer hydrates better than water (ABC News)
This must be the best news I have heard my entire life (allow me to point out THAT I WAS RIGHT) . Now if only someone can confirm excessive drinking can extend lives, hangovers make us smarter and keg-stands help against wrinkles, then I can call myself God. You're welcome.

Up and Coming Wine Regions (Reuters)
Now you can stop ordering the California Chard all the time! Next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Throwback to when I was on the cover of Beverage Media Magazine

Everything about this was fun! It was a highlight of my career in this business!